The British Council in Nigeria works in three strategic business areas; Arts, English, Education and Society.
The Arts programme delivers in excess of 25% of our overall programme impact and focuses on:
- Strengthening and growing UK – Nigeria creative partnerships and collaborations
- Reciprocal showcasing between Nigeria and the UK
- Developing skills and leadership in the creative sector
- Harnessing the power of arts in achieving international development goals
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall guidance of the Digital Manager, the intern will support with social media management and content generation for our Arts programme.
Duties will include:
- Uploading social media posts and answering basic enquiries on social media
- Work with Digital manager for the planning and promotion of content
- Supporting campaign management and optimisation across multiple channels
- Assist Email management and optimization.
- Any other task as reasonably requested by the Digital Manager or a senior member of the arts team
Learning and development opportunities for the intern
- General understanding of the work and mission of the British Council and how it contributes to the development of the Nigerian Creative Economy
- Insight and hands-on experience in planning and implementing digital campaigns for an arts and cultural organisation
- Gaining useful office experience and the opportunity to contribute to marketing campaigns
Profile of Intern:
The ideal candidate should:
- Have an interest in the arts, digital media and social media marketing.
- Be a recent graduate (graduated within the last 2 years) with excellent organisational skills and the ability to multitask.
- Have strong written and oral communication skills in English;
- Be computer literate with a high degree of proficiency in the use of MS Word, MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with social media tools.
- Experience with creating content for the web such as blogging or video blogging would be an added advantage.
Management and Support for the role:
The intern will report to the Digital Manager based in Lagos. S/he will be expected to work closely with other members of the arts team and key internal stakeholders such as the Country Evaluation Manager.
The intern will be paid N50,000 per month.
This is a short-term intern position; intern roles are not a prelude to longer term employment with the organisation. If opportunities for further paid employment arise, these will be advertised and interns who apply will be considered against the same criteria as other applicants.