Lagos Theatre Festival Fringe is accepting applications for the 2018 edition which will take place from 27 February to 4March 2018 at various venues across Lagos.
The fringe strand is an open access aspect of the festival designed to allow more performers/production companies the opportunity to present their work without restriction to style (small theatre, children’s theatre, dance, film, spoken word, comedy, puppetry, cabaret, music, interdisciplinary arts etc.).
Production companies in the Fringe are not offered a grant to present their work, they however get the following:
- Marketing and promotion of their plays as part of Lagos Theatre Festival
- Affiliation with the strong LTF and other partners’ brand
- Feedback on their production by our experienced team particularly the Artistic Director and Producer
- An opportunity for their work to be seen by new audiences and potentially new local and international collaborators.
We are very keen to have productions on mainland Lagos (particularly from Badagry, Alimosho, Epe and Ikorodu) and selected applications from the mainland will be considered for additional support.
To present work as part of Lagos Theatre Festival fringe, please fioll the fringe form.
Application submission deadline: Midnight on Monday 11 September
Shortlisted applications will receive responses by Monday 6 October
- The Lagos Theatre Festival team reserves the right to reject any application.
- While selected artists/companies will be included in the festival programme and all promotional campaigns for the festival, companies are strongly encouraged to independently promote their show to ensure optimum audience engagement.
- Plays in the fringe will produce their show and be responsible for their own fundraising, venue, technical and production requirements.
- Upon selection, the artist/company will be required to attend mandatory workshops ahead of the festival.