GREAT Scholarships for a sustainable future are for students from Nigeria who want to study at a UK university for a one-year postgraduate course in a climate change-related subject. Each scholarship offers a minimum of £10,000 towards tuition fees.
The scholarships are jointly funded by the British Council, the GREAT Britain Campaign, and participating UK higher education institutions.
For the 2021-22 academic year there are postgraduate scholarships available for Nigerian students at the following institutions:
- University of Bristol
- University of Derby
- University of East Anglia
- University of Edinburgh
- University of Manchester
Who can apply?
You are eligible to apply if you:
• are a passport holder from Nigeria.
• have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university
• can meet the academic and English language requirements of the UK university you apply to.
GREAT scholars should be:
• motivated and academically able to follow and benefit from a UK postgraduate taught course
• active in the field with work experience or with a proven interest in the proposed subject area
• willing to share experiences, create content and capture perceptions of studying in the UK
• comfortable acting as an ambassador for GREAT Scholarships for a sustainable future and a spokesperson about climate change
• willing to attend COP26 events upon invitation from the British Council
• willing to speak to potential candidates about their experience of studying in the UK
How to apply
- Visit the university website by clicking on the link above for more information and for the subjects available.
- Apply for individual scholarships following the instructions on each universities’ scholarship webpages above.
- The deadline to apply varies according to each institution. For details on individual institutions’ deadlines, please see the institution page.
- Successful scholars will be informed by individual universities on the result of their applications.
- Scholarship funding will be issued to successful scholars by individual universities after registration.