Open House' is a simple but powerful concept showcasing outstanding architecture for all to experience, completely for free.
The project explores Lagos architectural history and encourages people to think about their environment by seeing the old, the new and what the City can be. It will offer residents, local and International visitors an enriched cultural experience for 4 days by providing an opportunity to access buildings not normally open to the public and bridge the gap between the physical City and its environment with fringe activities.
Call for Proposals
To promote Open House Lagos, The British Council wishes to commission a PR strategy and implementation plan for the project, that will take place from 29 April - 1 May 2017.
• Create & sustain buzz and excitement OHL 2017 for target audiences (18-35 age group and non - traditional arts audiences), starting with the project announcement in January 2017.
• Ensure high level of visibility & positive coverage for OHL 2017 sponsors online and offline.
• Drive attendance to & engagement in OHL 2017 events and initiatives.
• Festival visitors.
• Architecture and design students from universities and colleges.
• Architects, Urban Planners, Historians, students of other disciplines.
• General public.
This has been established as follows:
1. Self-driven and user-generated content.
2. To drive publicity through earned media as well as creating buzzes.
3. Direct marketing.
Marketing to be staggered in three phases viz: before; during; and after, according to the following schedule:
1. Before/pre-event marketing to span a period of 12 weeks (16 January – 10 April 2017)
2. During event marketing to span a period of 3 weeks ( 10 April – 1 May 2017)
3. After/post-event marketing to span a period 3 weeks (1 May – 15 May 2017)
Project Announcement (Press Launch) 16 January 2017
Programme activities From 10 April 2017, with the building tours happening 29 April – 1 May 2017.
How to respond to this brief
Interested PR agencies should respond to this brief by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
• 2 page document outlining the proposed concept, creative pitch and proposed fee.
• 2 page CV or portfolio with examples of previous similar work
The deadline for submission of proposals is 1pm, Monday 17 October 2016.
Please read Open House PR Guidelines for further information.