Creativity and imagination are essential human capacities. They enable us to express thoughts, feelings and aspirations. They help us to fashion our ever-changing culture. They underpin scientific and technological development. They drive forward our economies and our social development through entrepreneurship and they enable us to contribute fully as citizens in a fast-changing world.
Through this course, participants will;
- Learn the value of creativity and imagination, and the range and richness of creativity as an underpinning approach to learning and teaching
- Learn ways in which to nurture creativity in themselves, in pupils and with colleagues
- Plan projects, lessons and challenges that promote creativity in learning
- Relate creative approaches to real-world challenges
- Understand the issues involved in assessing creativity and undertake a meaningful assessment
- Be enthusiastic about the potential of creativity in learning.