The British Council offers document certification services.
What do we mean by Certification?
If you have copies of any original school, college, or university document(s) or degree issued by an institution or professional body, we can verify it as a true copy of the original.
What should I provide?
- The original document (i.e. certificates, transcripts, notification of results)
How long does this procedure take?
This service is on-demand. Submit a request for Document verification via this form. Please note that this is a paid service and you can pay outright using your bank debit/credit card via the secured payment portal at the end of the form. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss appointments or any clarity required.
Where can I go to certify my documents?
You can certify copies of your original certificates at any of the British Council Nigeria offices; Abuja, Lagos and Port Harcourt. This service is currently on hold in our Kano office.
Please note that the following documents will not be certified by the British Council:
- online print-outs
- work/employment ID cards
- letters “To Whom It May Concern”
- IELTS Test Report Forms
- letters of appointment/authorisation
- documents not written in the English language
- marriage certificates
- any other non-academic documents
- international passports
Also, note that photocopies will only be stamped upon presenting the original documents first.
How much does this service cost?
Our charges are:
- NGN2,150 for 1–5 copies of the same certificate
- NGN3,150 for 6–10 copies of the same certificate
- NGN4,650 for 11–15 copies of the same certificate
- NGN6,900 for 16- 25 copies of the same certificate, etc
The preferred mode of payment is online via the verification request form using your Naira debit/credit card. Payments made by bank transfer need to be confirmed in 48 hours before your appointment can be confirmed.
Please send us an email at email@example.com to confirm the total charge, based on the required number of copies to be certified.