British Council, the UK’s leading professional body for providing information on UK education, will run its online course for UK education agents from July 2017.
This programme has been developed by the British Council to assist agents develop knowledge of the following:
- UK education and training system; courses and qualifications at each level.
- The attractions for students considering studying and living in the UK.
- Quality assurance mechanism and how they operate.
- Student lifestyle issues – living costs, travel and accommodation.
- Course fees and scholarships.
- Welfare and support provided for international students in the UK.
- UK application procedures and standard entry requirements; visa and immigration regulations.
The course will:
- Help agents promote UK education effectively and provide high-quality information, resources and services to potential international students.
- Help agents develop skills needed to source for information and update their knowledge.
The certificate* is recognised by UK institutions, and it demonstrates to students and parents that agents have gained knowledge in the areas mentioned above.
It also keeps you abreast of developments in the UK education sector
Certified agents will be listed on the Global Agents List (GAL) (http://bcagent.info/gal/) which will be seen by students, institutions and influencers looking for international education agents who are British Council trained and certified.
To be eligible for the training, agents must have agreements in place with at least two institutions that are on the Register of Sponsors or are an accredited language school. Agreements will be checked.
Registration for this course is One Hundred and Sixty Thousand Naira (N160,000) per candidate. Payment can be made via direct bank transfer or bank draft payable to British Council and submitted at any of our offices.
Registration opens: Monday 12th June 2017
Registration deadline: Friday 30th June 2017
Course start date: Monday 17th July 2017
How to register
To apply, please register here. There are limited spaces available for this course and registration will be on a first come, first serve basis
For more information please contact us via email on Eduk.Enquiries@ng.britishcouncil.org
*Please note that the certificate is awarded to the candidates undertaking the course, and NOT the agency that the candidate works with.
*The certificate is valid for two years only after which it is recommended that you take a refresher course.