Digital technologies are increasingly pervading all aspects of our lives. As they do, it becomes increasingly important for individuals to understand not only how they might utilise technologies effectively, but also be able to critically evaluate the digital content they encounter and understand the purposes for which it has been developed.
Schools, colleges, universities and other institutions need to consider how they might best support the development of digital literacy among their students.
Through this course, participants will;
- Understand core concepts, theories and issues relating to digital literacy
- Explore referenced evidence of how digital literacy can be incorporated into practice
- Receive practical examples of how others have developed digital literacy
- Work with others to identify opportunities to develop digital literacy within schools and contexts.
- Have an opportunity to become active learners through planning and implementing own enquiries or intervention to enhance digital literacy in schools