Anyone applying for the Enterprise Challenge competition should be aware of the following:
(i) General information: All applicants should:
- Be between 18 to 35 years of age at the time of submission the first task.
- Have good English language skills
- Be Nigerian citizens (with a valid Nigerian passport) resident in Nigeria.
(ii) Application: your application (including anything you add at interview or afterwards) should be accurate, not omit any facts that are relevant and not be misleading. If we find that there are significant errors or omissions in the information you have supplied to us in the course of your application all prizes won will be withdrawn.
(iii) Selection: the selection process will be fair. No applicant will have, or should seek or accept, any unfair advantage. No member of the British Council or its partner organisations will unfairly promote or disadvantage the interests of any applicant. If we find that you have secured an unfair advantage in the selection process we reserve the right to withdraw our offer.
(iv) Entry clearance: you must tell us when you apply if there is anything (such as previous convictions or associations with terrorist organisations) that may be an impediment to securing a visa or entry clearance to study in the UK. If we find that we cannot provide you with a visa for any reason then we will withdraw our offer.
(v) Tickets and Travel
- All competition participants must have valid Nigerian passports. The passport must be valid for a minimum of six months after any proposed travel date.
- All flight bookings under this agreement must be made at least 1 month before any intended travel date.
- All flights & proposed travel dates are subject to availability at the time of booking.
- Maximum stay at destination stipulated is 3 months from the date of ticket issuance.
- Tickets are valid to the UK only (London).Tickets cannot be utilized for travel to any other Virgin Atlantic destination. Any onward transportation from the above destinations is at the passenger’s own expense.
- All tickets will be valid for period of one year from the date of issue.
- All travel must be completed by 31 October 2016. Availability is very limited during school and public holidays, and is subject to seat availability in the applicable class.
- Virgin will be responsible for airline taxes
- Passengers will abide and be subject to Virgin’s published terms and conditions of carriage, which are available from any Virgin office.
- Tickets may only be utilized by the person or nominated partner where applicable. Tickets cannot be sold for monetary gain or transferred.
- No cash refunds will be given in place of these tickets.
- Lounge passes and upgrades will not be permitted with these tickets during the specified travel period.
(vi) Change of circumstances: if your circumstances change by an event or events that are genuinely beyond your control, or in ways that are generally unexpected, you should contact us immediately.
Thank you for providing us with information about yourself on this form. We will look after the information carefully and use it to manage the application process. It will be made available to staff at the British Council. It may also be made available for the same reasons to co-sponsors of this programme (i.e. the corporate sponsors), and to members of any panel that interview you. If you are unsuccessful the information will be held securely and destroyed in due course.