The German Mission for Nigeria was originally opened as a Consulate on the 4th of January 1954 and changed to an Embassy on the 1st of October 1960 as Nigeria became independent on the 1st of October 1960. The construction of the building started in February 1963 and finished in December 1964. On the 1st of October 1982 Abuja became the official capital of Nigeria, which was under construction since 1979. The Embassy moved to Abuja in 1999; since 2007 the building serves as the German Consulate General in Lagos, after an 8 year period as “Office of the Embassy”.
Tour times: Sat & Sun 10:00 -14:00
Last entry time: 13:00