To give a world of thanks to teachers, TeachingEnglish and EnglishAgenda will be hosting two special webinars exploring the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in the language classroom, with tips and advice from experienced practitioners.
The Webinar will include two panel discussions;
1. A panel discussion on ‘Integrating global issues in the creative English language classroom’
The panellists will include Chrysa Papalazarou, Carol Read, Linda Ruas, Malu Sciamarelli and Adrian Tennant.
The panel discussion will provide thought provoking answers to some of these questions:
• Are the Sustainable Development Goals appropriate subjects for adults and young learners?
• Some teachers feel that their role is to teach language and not introduce global issues such as the SDGs into their lessons? Is that a valid point of view?
• What advice would you give to teachers about respecting their students’ views on the SDGs even if these differ hugely from their own beliefs and values?
• Are there any circumstances in which you might advise teachers not to focus on the topic of the SDGs?
2. The second webinar will look at some tangible and practical ideas from one of our latest publications ‘Integrating global issues in the creative English language classroom’,
which has already been downloaded four thousand times by teachers and teacher educators around the world. You can also download publication in the downloads section below
This will be led by Nik Peachey who will be sharing a little of the background to the idea behind the book and why the focus on creativity and the UN SDGs. He will also be sharing a range of practical examples of activities from the book and looking at how the UN’s sustainable development goals can be brought into the classroom.