Active Citizens is inviting five (5) new partner organisations, with experience working with young people and in particular girls and adolescent women and have existing programmes that promote gender inclusion and empowerment, to apply to join a national facilitator development workshop.
The new partner organisations will:
- Identify two lead facilitators who will participate at the development workshop between the 22nd - 27th of October in Lagos.
- Implement the Active Citizens model through their work, working with at least 100 young people between November 2015 and March 2016
- Support social action projects which address themes including;
a. improving awareness of gender inclusion,
b. addressing violence against women and girls,
c. supporting leadership opportunities for women and girls, and
d. encouraging improved education and entrepreneurship opportunities for women and girls
Active Citizens is a social leadership training programme that promotes intercultural dialogue and community led social development. Through this programme, the British Council works with partners around the globe, training participants in the skills and knowledge needed to effect social change in their communities.
In Nigeria, the Active Citizens has been introduced to four universities and over 800 students have been trained and are leading social action projects on campus and in their host communities.
How to apply
To apply, please send a statement of not less than 600 words telling us;
- why you are interested in this opportunity,
- how it will integrate into and support your existing work, and
- providing a brief profile of your organisation
You should also include brief resumes (no more than 2 pages) for the nominated facilitators. The resumes do not count to the 600 word limit for the statement.
Deadline for submissions is noon (WAT) on 9th October, 2015. All successful candidates will be contacted by noon (WAT) on 14th October, 2015.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
The National Facilitator Development Workshop is fully residential and all nominated facilitators will be expected to participate at all events for all seven (7) days.
British Council will be responsible for the cost of the training workshop including accommodation costs.
Participants are expected to cover their transport costs.