If you give us written notice of your intention to withdraw from the exam before the registration deadline, you will receive a refund of the subject fees (less 25% of the total, which is deducted as an administrative fee). The refund will be issued after the end of the examinations period.
Withdrawals and Refund Policy
- A school or candidate will under no circumstance be allowed to submit exam entries on credit.
- Attached centres and candidates may cancel their registration and claim a refund if they notify our customer service centre before the British Council advertised normal registration date deadline. We will charge an administrative fee of 25% of the exams fee for cancellation.
- Candidates who want to cancel their registration after the deadline and before the exams date may receive a refund only when they have been affected by illness or serious cause.
Serious causes include:
- Serious illness - hospital admission or serious injury (does not include mild cold, headache)
- Loss or bereavement - the death of an immediate family member.
- Hardship/trauma - a victim of crime, a victim of a traffic accident
- Military service.
- Candidates who wish to apply for a refund would be required to complete the online refund form here: https://bit.ly/ExamsRefund . A member of the processing team will be in contact shortly afterwards (within 7 working days) to request all documentation required to process a refund.
- Where a candidate makes a no-show without valid reason(s) example sudden sickness, accident, etc. for which there is an acceptable proof there will be no refund where the fee has already been paid or waiver of the fee where this is yet to be paid by the board.
WITHDRAWAL DURING THE LATE ENTRY PERIOD
If you give us written notice of your intention to withdraw from the exam during the late entry period, you will not normally receive a refund.
The exception is that we may issue a refund on medical grounds, but this is at the exam board's discretion.
The British Council and the examining boards take all reasonable steps to provide continuity of service. We feel sure you will understand, however, we cannot be held responsible for any interruptions caused by circumstances beyond our control. If examinations or results are disrupted, cancelled or delayed in such a situation, every effort will be made to resume normal service as soon as possible. The British Council’s liability will be limited to the refund of the registration fee or retesting at a later date.
If you wish to withdraw from one or more exam subjects, you will need to complete an amendment form. Please contact us for assistance.
Find out more information on the Cambridge International website