The test fee is NGN75,000.
Payment can be made by:
1. Bank transfer from First Bank, Guaranty Trust Bank or Zenith Bank using the appropriate under-listed account numbers, plus the code for month of exams (table below) and last two digits of the International Passport Number.
• 995102 – to take your IELTS Abuja, Benin, Ilorin or Enugu
• 995202 – to take your IELTS test in Lagos, Abeokuta, Calabar or Ibadan
• 995302 – to take your IELTS test in Port Harcourt
Month of Exam
Example, the full account number for Abuja IELTS exams in April for a candidate with passport number ending 31 will be 9951020131
Please note the following:
• Select Standard Chartered Bank as the beneficiary bank. The account name is The British Council.
• In the remark field, enter the full reference number then the name of the candidate e.g. NG150-127815-2630 -Abanga Chinenye Chukwu.
• After completing the transfer, please send evidence (payment summary slip or screenshot) of fund transfer, reference number and candidate name to firstname.lastname@example.org within 24hours.
2. Bank Draft: If you are unable to make payment via the bank transfer option, you can alternatively raise a bank draft in favour of British Council from any Nigerian bank and submit at any of the British Council offices in Nigeria. For the full addresses of our offices link here
• It is important to enter correct information(candidate name and reference number)in the fields to prevent delays in tracking your payment.
• It may take up to 72 hours to receive confirmation of any payment made by bank transfer.