Book your exam online and access our free preparation materials today.
When you book an IELTS test with the British Council, you also get included in your test fee:
- Exclusive, free access to our popular online preparation course 'Road to IELTS Last Minute course, which includes 100 interactive activities, 9 video tutorials and two IELTS Academic practice tests for each of the four skills
- Five extra Test Report Forms for free that we send free of charge to institutions you’re applying to (e.g. immigration offices, universities, etc.)
Choose how to take your IELTS test and book online
Dear valued test taker,
We would like to inform you that effective from 1 September 2023, there will be a price increase for IELTS tests offered by the British Council. The new prices will be NGN 107,500 for IELTS Academic and IELTS General Training, NGN 116,000 for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) and NGN 104,000 for Life Skills. The new prices are necessary to sustain the high-quality of standards for your testing experience.
Thank you for choosing the British Council.
You can take your test at one of our official test centres on paper or on a computer. All you need is a valid identification document and a bank card if you want to pay online.
|Tests we offer||Fee||Available test dates|
|IELTS Academic - in centre (paper or computer)||₦107,500||Find a test date|
|IELTS General Training - in centre (paper or computer)||₦107,500||Find a test date|
|IELTS Academic for UKVI - in centre (paper or computer)||₦116,000||Find a test date|
|IELTS General Training for UKVI - in centre (paper or computer)||₦116,000||Find a test date|
|IELTS Life Skills (A1 and B1)||₦104,000||Find a test date|
What you need to book
- A valid identification document. When you register, you’ll need to upload a scan of your ID. The ID document should be a Passport or NIN card (with a microchip embedded, not the temporary slip) for Nigerians. The ID document for non-Nigerians is strictly a valid Passport. ID must be valid at the time of booking and on the test day. Any other identity document will not be accepted. If you're under 18, your parents will also need to complete the Parent Consent for candidates under 18 form. IELTS is not recommended for anyone under 16.
- A bank card (Credit/Debit) to pay through our online booking system or bank transfer. Find out more about how to pay.
After you have booked your test
You will receive emails confirming:
- the start time of your test and the venue address.
- your Speaking Test date.
- your access codes to the free online preparation courses: Road to IELTS Last Minute Version and IELTS Ready: Premium.
More information about the test
- Download and read our Information for Candidates to learn everything you need to know about the format, the different exam components and test results.
- There are two speaking test formats – subject to availability you may change your speaking test format.